Stay up-to-date with Wordharvest.
Sign up for our e-newsletter.
* Make sure you receive future emails about your webinar package by adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts. This helps ensure emails from Wordharvest don't go into your spam folder.
THE TONY HILLMAN PRIZE FOR BEST FIRST MYSTERY SET IN THE SOUTHWEST
The Hillerman Prize is organized by Western Writers of America and St. Martin’s Press.
Visit this site for the guidelines
Wordharvest Webinars for Writers
Achieve your goal of becoming a successful author. Featuring David Morrell, Susan Tweit, and Bill O'Hanlon.
Learn from three established authors who excel at teaching the craft of writing and the business of writing.
2016 New Mexico-Arizona Book Award Winners
We are particularly proud of our Wordharvest Alums:
- Barbe Awalt – “Ultimate Green Chile Cheeseburger Bucket List”
(Rio Grande Books) – Sports/Recreation
- Joseph Badal – “The Motive”
(Suspense Publishing) – Tony Hillerman Award for Best Fiction
- Don Bullis – “NM Historical Encyclopedia”
(Rio Grande Books) – Reference Book
- Fred Harris – “New Mexico 2050”
(UNM Press) – Political Book
- Anne Hillerman – “Rock With Wings”
(HarperCollins) – Founders 10th Anniversary Award
- Robert Kidera – “Get Lost”
(Suspense Publishing) – Fiction – Mystery/Suspense
- Nancy Owen Lewis – “Chasing the Cure in New Mexico: Tuberculosis and the Quest for Health”
(Museum of New Mexico Press) – History
- James McGrath Morris – Special Literary Award -
“Ongoing support for authors and books”
- Sharon Niederman – New Mexico Farm Table Cookbook
(Countryman Press) – Cookbook
- Lesley Poling-Kempes – “The Ladies of the Canyons”
(University of Arizona Press) – Biography
- Sharman Apt Russell – “Knocking on Heaven’s Door
(Yucca Publishing) – Fiction – Science Fiction/Fantasy
The Life Of Tony Hillerman
What is Wordharvest?
Founded by Anne Hillerman and Jean Schaumberg in 2001, WORDHARVEST is devoted to the art and craft of writing. From our headquarters in Santa Fe, New Mexico, we celebrate the legacy of iconic mystery author Tony Hillerman with the Tony Hillerman Prize for first mystery novel, and the Tony Hillerman Writers Conference, a three-day workshop offering how-to advice on writing techniques and the business of writing. Session topics range from publishing e-books to writing fiction and non-fiction. The Conference provides an intimate environment to get feedback and critiques about your writing, network with literary agents and editors, and find writing inspiration.Looking for information about the Tony Hillerman Prize? Visit our new page or check here.Video From Our Founders.Watch founders Anne Hillerman and Jean Schaumberg as they talk about how the Tony Hillerman Writers Conference began, and the new and exciting additions to this years program.
Robert E. Evans is a native New Mexican who has seen the world. Since the early 1950s his work has taken him to Libya, England, Israel, Abu Dhabi, Iran, Jamaica, Mexico, and Japan. He considers himself retired but takes the occasional call to do something exciting. Evans has been writing most of his adult life - short stories and poetry - only rarely sending anything out. He is delighted that he took a chance and submitted a short story for the Tony Hillerman Mystery Short Story contest. Evans and his wife live in Santa Fe, NM
A Simple Thing, Rather Elegant, by Robert E. Evans, will be published
in the Thanksgiving issue of the Albuquerque Journal.